The Sixth Street Bridge

The Sixth Street Bridge
At the tender age of 17, I walked across this bridge, alone, into Downtown Pittsburgh, with $300 in my pocket that my mother had given me to get an abortion. I went into the Fulton Building (in the picture) and did what I was told to do. I didn't have a choice - if I did, I wouldn't have chosen abortion.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tomorrow is for Grace Anne...

Tomorrow is the March for Life in Washington, D.C. and I'll be there among the crowds, just one person, one woman.  Even in the thousands and thousands of people, I will feel alone at times, a desperate loneliness at times.  But then, I remind myself that I'm not alone, that I'm never alone because He is with me and Grace Anne is with me.  She's part of me forever. 

The nerves are increasing because tomorrow is a day when both of my "lives" intersect for a while and I delicately tip toe through despair, joy, hope, sadness, guilt, anger, intense self scrutiny, meek attempts at prayer, and polite conversation.  Come, Holy Spirit, please... and don't ever, ever leave.

So, tomorrow I walk for Grace Anne and for me.  I also walk thanks to my husband because from the moment he came into my life, he changed it forever, for good. I walk for my girls so that they never, ever have to go through what I went through. 



7 comments:

  1. Good for you. Hang in there - every little helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. This day was hard to watch on tv. As I too have lost 2 children to my decision. I emailed you about your journey. Not sure if you received it. Even though this is late, I appreciate you walking, being strong enough to do that and I appreciate this page. It helps those that struggle.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of and prayed for you on Friday. I truly hope it was a Spirit-touched experience for you, and I know Grace Anne is smiling down on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your prayers and words, they do mean everything to me.

    ReplyDelete